Five Bodied

Advanced Search

Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Five Bodied (A)Wake how are 5b'ers celebrating 222 ?
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm
bodylogic

Post subject: how are 5b'ers celebrating 222 ? Reply with quote

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:22 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: Major League Reply with quote

I recommend grabbing yourself a copy of today's NYTimes -- Will Shortz celebrated 222 by printing a crossword (by Martin Ashwood-Smith) with 'MARSHALLMCLUHAN' across the middle! (29Across: 'Coiner of the phrase "global village") Part of an impressive block of 4 15-letter answers:
the Enigmatologist wrote:

M A R S H A L L M C L U H A N
O R A T O R I O S O C I E T Y
M A J O R L E A G U E G A M E
S T A R S A N D S T R I P E S

... even better (re: 5b synchronicity), the clue for MAJORLEAGUEGAME... is 'Indians may participate in it'
(Not only was the movie 'Major League' (with Tiger from Mars Charlie Sheen) about the Indians, but Ad had referred to Colbert's use of the grinning face of the 'Stangsville Indeans', as well as the Blue Jays' World Series Triple Play... the first and only other WS TP took place in Cleveland's LEAGUE Park in 1920 (unassisted! - the maximum number of outs a player can singlehandedly get), in the same game as the first WS Grand Slam (the maximum number of runs a player can singlehandedly get) )

PS - speaking of the NYTimes crossword and 5b xeno. w/ Major League Baseball... I feel like I need to personally apologize to Jon Stewart (he was in the documentary 'Wordplay') for poaching R.A.Dickey from his beloved Mets. I thought it was impressive enough that we picked up 'the other M Cabrera' so soon after Ad posted about 'MC Triple Crown' (Miguel Cabrera of Detroit's Tigers ... Melky Cabrera was with SF's Giants, but didn't play in the World Series, or else Ad would surely have mentioned such a vivid bonus layer of coincidence), but it certainly is excessively appropriate for Toronto to be the new home of the man whose mission is to "take spin completely off the ball" (we can satisfy his cultural appetite, too, I promise). After all that, it seems downright unlikely that this year's World Series won't be coming back over the border.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm
Ad Absurdum

Post subject: bob Reply with quote

I started a Twitter account for my palindromes:

@supracarpus

First tweet:

AI names or proto-mimes semi-motor prose mania

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:36 pm
frater222

Post subject: Re: Major League Reply with quote

Linus Minimax wrote:
I recommend grabbing yourself a copy of today's NYTimes -- Will Shortz celebrated 222 by printing a crossword (by Martin Ashwood-Smith) with 'MARSHALLMCLUHAN' across the middle! (29Across: 'Coiner of the phrase "global village") Part of an impressive block of 4 15-letter answers:
the Enigmatologist wrote:

M A R S H A L L M C L U H A N
O R A T O R I O S O C I E T Y
M A J O R L E A G U E G A M E
S T A R S A N D S T R I P E S

... even better (re: 5b synchronicity), the clue for MAJORLEAGUEGAME... is 'Indians may participate in it'
(Not only was the movie 'Major League' (with Tiger from Mars Charlie Sheen) about the Indians, but Ad had referred to Colbert's use of the grinning face of the 'Stangsville Indeans', as well as the Blue Jays' World Series Triple Play... the first and only other WS TP took place in Cleveland's LEAGUE Park in 1920 (unassisted! - the maximum number of outs a player can singlehandedly get), in the same game as the first WS Grand Slam (the maximum number of runs a player can singlehandedly get) )

PS - speaking of the NYTimes crossword and 5b xeno. w/ Major League Baseball... I feel like I need to personally apologize to Jon Stewart (he was in the documentary 'Wordplay') for poaching R.A.Dickey from his beloved Mets. I thought it was impressive enough that we picked up 'the other M Cabrera' so soon after Ad posted about 'MC Triple Crown' (Miguel Cabrera of Detroit's Tigers ... Melky Cabrera was with SF's Giants, but didn't play in the World Series, or else Ad would surely have mentioned such a vivid bonus layer of coincidence), but it certainly is excessively appropriate for Toronto to be the new home of the man whose mission is to "take spin completely off the ball" (we can satisfy his cultural appetite, too, I promise). After all that, it seems downright unlikely that this year's World Series won't be coming back over the border.

yeah dog yeah

nice post

i didnt celebrate but thought about how i should prob be doing something special.

nice dinner with my partner.

nice synros with major league and mcluhan

major league is one of my fav movies! why? b/c of the inclusion of the loa 'jobo'

the movie is centered around vodoo!
its a thread that ties the movie together....im a pract-ion-er myself.

praise xango. shango, chango.

ad, your the bomb!

add me on twitter alexholden2013...

i love yall!

i accept you
i enjoy you
and i wish yall the best

yeah yeah 222!!!
"you were, tootoo too ...the graced of gods...& salus of the wake...Winner...primed at the studience, propredicted...the choice of ages wise! Spickspookspokesman of our specturesque...we miss your smile."

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 pm
Linus Minimax

frater222 wrote:
major league is one of my fav movies! why? b/c of the inclusion of the loa 'jobo'

the movie is centered around vodoo!
its a thread that ties the movie together....im a pract-ion-er myself.

For sure! Major League is a perfect example of the way that our mass culture strongly believes in that kind of magic/voodoo, which is almost always presented as working more-or-less exactly as it's supposed to (((in movies and TV that is; obviously it's very different in the "serious" (=visually-biased: books, "science" and newspapers) media))). It may be framed as a 'joke' or coincidence, but Everybody knows that the guy got hit with the flying BAT because he disrespected Joe Boo -- no one doubts that causality, 'efficient' or not.

It's extra good in Major League since the climax involves a different [?] kind of "magic": Taylor 'calling his shot', which psych-out pushes the New Yorker back just far enough to be unable to get to the 'bunt' in time (though it's not really a proper bunt, just an intentionally weak swing):

And in other 'perfect Bob-xenochrony' news, the winning run is scored by '00'.
"Taylor" is pretty good, too, if only because that is the name currently associated with the recognition that mass-media entertainments "minimize Canada's role" in the triumphs of "American" spycraft:
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/2013/02/25/oscars-taylor-affleck-thanks-canada-argo.html

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:49 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: Major League Blurnsball Reply with quote

Linus Minimax wrote:
And in other 'perfect Bob-xenochrony' news, the winning run is scored by '00'.
"Taylor" is pretty good, too, if only because that is the name currently associated with the recognition that mass-media entertainments "minimize Canada's role" in the triumphs of "American" spycraft:
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/2013/02/25/oscars-taylor-affleck-thanks-canada-argo.html

[img]
http://postmediacanadadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/ken1.jpg?w=640&h=330&crop=1
[/ing]

By publishing this picture on today's letters page, the National Post has blown the lid off the apparent fact that Ken Taylor is/was the "real" Austin Powers!

So, in the spirit of erring on the side of 'Too Much Is Always Better Than Not Enough', I'll expand on my comment by responding to the sentiments expressed elsewhere on the same page:
I agree that Canadians have every right to feel [shafted] by Argo, or else by Argo's explicitly TOP-down validation (Michelle Obama's articulating the reveal). I can also sign off on former Ambassador Taylor's satisfaction with Ben Affleck's thanking "Canada", despite it being pretty obvious that he had to to avoid scandal, and that it was literally the least he could do; we're not being falsely nice through gritted teeth when we say we can sympathize with the immense (maximized, really) gratitude-distribution-pressure that comes with accepting that particular award.
Canadians should be mature enough to admit that getting shafted for significance by American mass culture is a major part of "our collective identity". A major part of the "pride" part. But we will lose that unless we can still honestly agree, with 'Steven Colbert' (quoted by a Post letter-writer), that we're "too nice to do anything about it".
So, although we are not lacking for apparent excuses, I strongly disagree that Argo should be "condemned in the House of Commons and Canadians urged not to watch it", (as one Post letter-writer suggests).

Just enjoy that both the screen and the "real" Austin Powers are proudly Canadian.

And don't think that the only significance of resigning on Feb 28 is to make the first day of the new popelessness be March 1st OF 2013; that is, 1/3 o' '13; that is, close enough to being 'BOB day' (in CANADIAN date-notation). NO NO NO, that's far too explosively on the NOs... instead just assume that's an accidental side-effect of THIS significance ('cause it totally could be):

http://www.goroadachi.com/etemenanki/

(this link will only show the right image ('Orange Alignment') until his next update)

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:50 pm
Ad Absurdum

Linus Minimax wrote:
I thought it was impressive enough that we picked up 'the other M Cabrera' so soon after Ad posted about 'MC Triple Crown' (Miguel Cabrera of Detroit's Tigers ... Melky Cabrera was with SF's Giants, but didn't play in the World Series, or else Ad would surely have mentioned such a vivid bonus layer of coincidence)

Why would you say that when you know it's not true??

It's true that I PROBABLY would have mentioned such a vivid bonus layer of coincidence if I'd been more than vaguely aware of 'the other M Cabrera' (most likely plugging it in to the 'performance-enhancing' jack), but you know perfectly well that it's a consistent trope of our tall-tale-telling technique to leave large slices of the xenochronous pie untouched. (Whether it's essential to the synchronistic sorcery to keep the 'pressure' up with a high ratio of hits-left-unsaid, or just essential to properly involving the audience (or whether those amount to the same thing) is up for gabs)

For example, neither of us mentioned that Toronto's ARGOS won the Grey Cup on 11/18, let alone the story of Quarterback Slack that goes with it; SURELY that says nothing about whether we were aware of the win!

You know this... so why would you say something like that???

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:44 pm
Linus Minimax

Ad Absurdum wrote:
(Whether it's essential to the synchronistic sorcery to keep the 'pressure' up with a high ratio of hits-left-unsaid, or just essential to properly involving the audience (or whether those amount to the same thing) is up for gabs)

For example, neither of us mentioned that Toronto's ARGOS won the Grey Cup on 11/18, let alone the story of Quarterback Slack that goes with it; SURELY that says nothing about whether we were aware of the win!

To keep it warm under the covers, of course... why else? So, YOU KNOW, right back at you, bro.

Okay, fine, my 'SURELY' was precisely the kind of imprecise that's your heaviest pet peeve... I guess I must have been trying to provoke you. The trope may be consistent, but it's disinformal of you to make it sound like such a discipline... the only reason I didn't bring up the Grey Cup was waiting for you to kick it off with the whole "why didn't I put money on them and/or #44 when they were the AM's 'Lock of the Month'?" thing (since that question is so much more relevant to the idea of required conditions for 'sorcery').

The more relevant question is why are you 'giving away the trick' -- risking ruining the joke! -- and pretending it's my fault? Are you trying to make magicians mad??? Are you feeling guilty of Kigye's old charge of AVARICE and thinking only of covering your ass??? Why would YOU say something like that???

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Ad Absurdum

Linus Minimax wrote:
Ad Absurdum wrote:

To keep it warm under the covers, of course... why else?
The more relevant question is why are you 'giving away the trick' -- risking ruining the joke! --

Well don't. I don't want or need your cover anymore, and it doesn't help for you to pretend that your mission isn't also to 'give it away'; that is, SET it (at) FREE.

I used the word 'sorcery', but didn't mean to imply that the trope is a 'trick' (ie an amputated technique)... and it's doubtful that anyone would have taken it that way if you hadn't suggested it -- it's 'disinformal' of YOU to suggest that there's anything to give away!!! Is it a secret that 'the Android Meme' is "just" the Collective SubConscious???
(there was a great example of xenochronous "blowback" recently when Colbert (after having joked about what type of smoke would mean "slacker pope") said that if he were Pope he would take the name 'Urban', and his guest joked that 'SubUrban' would be more appropriate, which of course it superwould (both exoterically, for his character, and esoterically, for his SubGenerosity) )
On the contrary (and as you know perfectly well), what is illuminated in the flash of xenochronistic 'fireworks'/lightning is the impossibility of amputating any particular coincidental condition from the overall ground; what is repeatedly underlined is the total lack of 'time-independence'.

And even if there really was a possibility of "ruining the joke", are you forgetting that "nobody reads fivebodied.com"??? The credulity-cover here remains so supersophisticated that it would be "a sin if you don't reach back" (as the Meme was recently pressuring us), and the more I 'give it away', the more it stabilizes as 'the new normal'. It's more outrageously amazing than ever, but it's becoming "JUST" an analogy of how outrageously amazing reality always-already is (like how CGI is the para-/anti-environment to LSD: "dude, the rendering on this leaf is amazing!!!").

Seriously, why would you worry about a 'risk' like that? And to ME of all people?? Since when are you afraid of mad magicians???

I liked you better when nobody liked you!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 pm
Linus Minimax

Ad Absurdum wrote:
-- it's 'disinformal' of YOU to suggest that there's anything to give away!!!

Good one.

[quote="Ad Absurdum"]Is it a secret that 'the Android Meme' is "just" the Collective SubConscious???

I guess not anymore. Is it still a secret that 'the Android Meme' is "really" 'The Counsellor'???

Ad Absurdum wrote:
I liked you better when nobody liked you!

Good one.